Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stuck in the Mud (or snow)

Yesterday, I discovered how stuck in the mud I was. I have been rehearsing the same behaviors that have proved ineffective in the past. The devil knows these muddy pathways in my life, and he takes me and drags me through them. He knows my weaknesses, and he uses them against me. Convincing me I'm not good enough for the blessings God has for me.

Funny how I got to experience the actual situation of being stuck--in the attempts of turning around in an access road, the car I was traveling in became stuck in the snow.

We tried to get it out, but we were not prepared for that kind of work. Especially not me. I was wearing a dress and high heels. We had to call for assistance.

How true that is for my life, there comes situations that I'm not prepared or equipped to handle, but how often do I try to fix it myself? Often. I realized that sometimes I have to call on God and sit back and enjoy the ride.

Sometimes, all I'm called to do is to know who to call on, to wait, and trust.


No comments:

Post a Comment